Position: Math Teacher
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Jon Rice, Director of Academics.
Burke Mountain Academy seeks an Instructor of Mathematics with
the ability to connect meaningfully with students both in and outside of the classroom, who is intellectually curious, has an outstanding academic background, and who will be an active participant in our academic, athletic, and residential programs.
Candidates must be prepared to teach students at every level at this five- year college preparatory academy (8-12). In addition, candidates must be committed to our narrative based evaluation system and embrace our school mission to provide passionate ski racers the opportunity to pursue their limitless academic and athletic potential in a community based on trust.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience and/or demonstrated ability to work with youth.
- Excitement about embracing our academic strategic initiative to utilize blended learning in the classroom to support our student-athletes during the winter months.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Assign and assess class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Prepare required narrative based student evaluations in collaboration with the faculty.
- Participate in faculty and school meetings, parent meetings.
- Provide academic support, both in person and online, during extended
- Keep up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Employ excellent customer service when working with school staff members, parents, and students.
- Participate in professional development courses or activities.
other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Academics and/or the Headmaster. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance evaluation.
Equal Opportunity Employer